How can I stay in Thailand with a Non-Immigrant visa?

Foreign (non-Thai) nationals who register for our course of 200 lessons and pay the full tuition become eligible for a non-immigrant visa. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to remain eligible for a Visa, students must miss no more than 10 lessons in a given year. Upon entering Thailand for the first time with a Visa, all Visa holders are to contact the school as soon as possible.

Why do I need a non-immigrant visa?

You will not have to leave Thailand to make visa runs for the duration of the visa’s validity.
You will enjoy studying the Thai language and culture over 200 lessons per year.

What do I have to do to avoid Visa runs?

On arrival, you will be permitted to stay for 90 days. With the paperwork provided by our school, you will be able to extend your stay every 180 days (approximately) at the Phuket Immigration Office for the duration of the course – there will be no need for visa runs. At present, extensions cost only 1,900 Baht each, so this is much cheaper and more convenient than doing visa runs. You can enjoy studying Thai in a relaxed atmosphere, and at the same time not worry about making any visa runs.

How much time and lessons I have to follow?

Follow 200 lessons in class for 1 year.  (Every lesson is 60 minutes). This meets the Thai Ministry of Education requirement for issuing Non-Immigrant Visa documents.

How long will the procedure take to receive a Non-Immigrant visa?

In order to begin the process,  we first need to send a request to the Thai ministry of education for a letter of acceptance, stating that they will allow you to take a course with our school. This normally takes about 1 month, depending on the number of applications being processed by the ministry. After this letter has been issued you can take it, along with other necessary documents to one of the Thai embassies or consulates outside Thailand. Most nationalities have a choice of going to Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, or any other Thai embassy. However, citizens of some nationalities such as India, China, Pakistan, and most Middle Eastern nations are required to apply for the visa in their home country. With the Non-Immigrant visa in your passport, you will need to come back to our language school on Phuket, and we will prepare all documents for a second letter from the Ministry of Education certifying your enrollment. This letter allows you to make 9-month extensions at the local immigration office (Phuket) for the duration of the course. Visa runs will NOT be required for the entire duration of the Non-Immigrant visa, saving you time and money. Furthermore, after your first year of study is complete, you may continue extending your visa at 9-month intervals for up to 5 years, as long as you continue to study with us.

Who is eligible to study Phuket Language School and receive a Non-Immigrant visa?

Neither the School nor the Thai Ministry of Education makes any distinction between students of different nationalities. All nationalities are treated equally and all are welcome to study Thai and learn about Thai culture.

Which Nationalities have to apply for the Visa in their home country?

There are however some restrictions from immigration, which require citizens of the following nations to apply for the visa at a Thai embassy or consulate in their home country: India, China, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Iran, and other Middle Eastern countries.

Are there any Visa Age Restrictions?

Students aged between 12 and 99 years old qualify for a 1-year Non-Immigrant visa. Students below 12 years of age are also welcome to study at Kathu Phuket Language School, but unfortunately, we are not able to obtain a Non-Immigrant visa for them.

Do you guarantee that I will receive a Thai Non-Immigrant visa?

Our school is recognized by the Thai Ministry of Education as providing education to international students and promoting the Thai language and culture. We are in a position to obtain visas for people who are not in Thailand at present, but who wish to come to Thailand in order to study Thai. We can send all the required paperwork to your country. For more information, please contact us. Please be advised that this process may take some time, so it is recommended that you contact us at least a month before your scheduled arrival in Thailand, to ensure a smooth process.

How can I apply for the visa if I’m already in Thailand?

If you are already in Thailand on a different visa, you can apply in person. However, we advise you to apply at least 1 month before your current visa expires in order to allow sufficient time to get everything processed by the Ministry of Education. If you wish to apply in person, please come see us at the Kathu Phuket Language School. Bring along your passport, 18 passport photos (3cm x 4cm) and tuition fee.